Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Million Miles in A Thousand Years


Today I am offering up a book review for you.

I just finished Donald Miller's latest book "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" He is the author of other great books like "Blue Like Jazz" and "Searching for God Knows What. "

I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed it mostly because I love Miller's style. It is easy and insightful without being preachy. For me, his books feel like a good conversation with a friend over coffee.

In "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" Miller uses the device of learning story structure to discuss the types of stories we are living in our everyday life.

Because Miller's style is so easy and comfortable, you don't feel like you are being pushed or driven to think about the ideas he purposes, you just do.

He writes with enough humor to make you laugh and enough truth to get inside. You won't feel like you just got done with a Tony Robbins book or anything, but the read will definitely take you
some places you didn't expect to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment